How about starting off the new year just right? Rock the sidewalk with these fierce new styles literally hot off our design presses. Check back soon to see how we styled them out in Polyvore!
What do you think?? New Year = new shoes = fresh start!
Friday, December 30, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
A look featuring our fierce IN THE WINNER'S CIRCLE cut out wedge kitten heels! Perfect for the transition between the holidays and the new year because 2012 is on it's way and you definitely need a new outfit to ring the new year in with.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year,
Love, the entire team at BC ~
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Everyone has a want list and we're no exception. In our blog travels, we stumbled upon a really cool blog (via Emma Dime) called Vineet Kaur and well to say it plainly, we dig.
There are so many cool things featured, our list could have gone on and on. Here's the condensed version plus our amazing smoking slippers because we want those too!!
Monday, December 19, 2011
We love Friends of Type and look forward to our weekly check-ins to see what their amazing artists have come up with.
Today we discovered this clever photo essay by Lucas Sharp and dug it so much we decided to share. How would you answer these questions??
Friday, December 16, 2011
FAY WOLF originally hails from Connecticut but considers herself an LA-based singer songwriter. Her sound and songs evoke comparisons to the likes of Tori Amos and Ani DeFranco.
Listen and get to know more here.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
We dig the color grey in all it's variations and shades and seriously can't get enough of it. So much so, we decided to pull together some items from the always rad POLYVORE that fit into our grey state of mind today.
All of these styles are items but if paired together would work perfectly over a cool pair of funky tights or knee high stockings. The best part about style is it's your visual expression; it's completely your own story to tell, so we say go for it!!
Monday, December 12, 2011
Friday, December 9, 2011
Ok we usually we save our music posts for Mondays so everyone (us included) can start the week off with a little inspiration but we had the privilege of going to a benefit concert on Tuesday night at The Hotel Cafe and we can't get the musical amazingness out of our head.
Besides the ALWAYS brilliant Joe Purdy, we caught The MakePeace Brothers and were blown away by their sound. Their songs run the gamut from slow and folksy to all out bring down the house. Check them out for yourself and let us know what you think.
PS. As if being supremely talented wasn't enough, they spend the majority of their time and efforts dedicated to human rights efforts all over the globe. In one word...dope.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
It doesn't take much to get inspired around the holidays. But we dug a little deeper to see what we've been diggin' besides the festive spirit.
1. Nature - this is broad but it's always on our list.
3. Change - A new year is approaching and with it comes the promise of so many new adventures. We say start early and go bold with your choices. Change is scary but more often than not, leads to new beginnings.
What are your current inspirations?
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
After we posted about our crafty evening with Mark Montano, we got a few requests from people wanting to know how to make the super cute paper ornaments we showed. Without further ado, here's a quick, easy tutorial for making the cutest paper ornaments in 10 easy steps!
• 16 strips of paper cut to 6 inches long by 3/4 inches wide
• thin wire (picture hanging or jewelry wire will work)
• drinking straw
• needle nose pliers/wire cutters
• 2 small beads
• hole punch for 1 inch diameter circles
1. Cut a 4 inch length of wire, using the needle nose pliers, bend one end of the wire around one of the small beads
2. Punch out two circles using your hole punch, then poke a small hole in the center of each. (A sewing needle or safety pin works great for poking the holes).
3. Slide one of the holes onto the end of the wire, colored side facing out.
4. Using the needle or safety pin, poke a small hole onto both ends of all 16 strips of paper. Place the hole as far toward the edge of the paper as possible, we recommend about 1/8"
5. Slide all 16 pieces of paper onto the wire, colored side facing out.
6. Cut a 3 inch piece of straw and place it onto the wire. This will help keep the shape of your ornament.
7. Take the strip of paper on the very bottom of the pile (it should be the first piece of paper you placed onto the wire) and bring it up to the top of the wire, sliding the top hole over the top edge of the wire. Note: It's very important that you always take the strip of paper from the bottom of the pile.
8. Continue taking strips one at a time and placing them over the top edge of the wire. Again, always grab the strip of paper that is on the bottom of the pile.
9. Push the paper tightly against the edge of the straw. Then, take the second circular hole punch and place it over the wire.
10. Place the second small bead on top of the ornament and use your pliers to bend the wire into a small loop. You'll use this loop to hang the ornament on the tree.
And there you have it! Play around with color and pattern combinations as much as you'd like to create a fun mix of ornaments for your holiday decor!
Monday, December 5, 2011
The Grates are a newly discovered obsession of ours hailing from Brisbane, Australia. (although they currently call NYC their home). Comprised of lead vocalist Patience Hodgson and guitarist John Patterson, they have been on the music scene since 2006.
Considered a part of the indie pop genre; their sound is as active as their stage shows. They not only write all their own music but create and design (by hand) all their band merchandise.
Their latest album, Secret Rituals was released in June of 2011 to high acclaim both in their native Australia and the UK and is just starting to stir things up here in the states. If you have the opportunity, The Grates are a must see.
Check out their Turn Me On video above, which is a pretty rad artistic expression itself. Enjoy-
Friday, December 2, 2011
Feather boots . Stripe Dress . Mindy Kaling . Warby Parker glasses
Here are a couple items we're adding to our holiday wish list this year. What's on yours?
Thursday, December 1, 2011
A holiday outfit inspired by our very own STEEPLECHASE smoking slippers. They're comfortable and fashion relevant, seriously what's not to love.
These tasseled flats scream to be taken on an adventure.Go for it and let us know where they take you.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
BC's newest wedge, SURE THING is just as it's name says. It's comfy, can be worn from day to evening, rocked with tights and has a bit of a retro edge. We dig it!
What do you think? Besides boots, what's your go to shoe for Winter?
Monday, November 28, 2011
CHEW LIPS is an amazing band hailing from East London that consists of lead singer 'Tigs' Alicia Huertas and multi-instrumentalist James Watkins. Since the debut of their smash single SOLO in 2009, they have spent every waking moment on tour and have blazed a trail many are taking notice of.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
An abridged list of things we're thankful for. What's on your list?
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Thanksgiving is a day away and many, (present company included) have still not decided what to sport for turkey day. In the spirit of giving, we decided to take some of our best selling styles and build outfit choices to offer a little guidance.
The best part? They are all pretty much interchangeable, so mix and match it up and let us know what you come up with~